1. Plant the seed of success today and focus on it, tomorrow it will grow and you will shine as a result
“My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
2. Mastering yourself is a never ending process, but one you definitely need to engage in
“As you become more clear about who you really are, you’ll be better able to decide what is best for you – the first time around.”
3. Leave your fears at the door because most of the time they only exist in your mind
“The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free.”
4. Only eat with those you starved with
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
5. Use your right to use your life in whatever manner you please
“Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility.”
6. Before you can see the sun, you first have to walk through the rain
“Failure is a stepping-stone to greatness.”
7. Direct your energy towards your goals. It’s limited so expend it wisely.
“Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you’re going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus.”
8. Don’t forget to enjoy what you already have
“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
9. Surround yourself with people who elevate you to new heights. If you’re not motivated to excel by seeing those around you reach success, you need to associate with new people.
“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”
10. Before you can change your life, you first have to change your mind, and you know when you can do that? Whenever you please.
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
11. Own your moment
“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
12. The depth of your struggle, determines the height of your success
“Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.”
13. Even when life is going down a direction you despise, learn from your wounds because the light exists in even the darkest of tunnels. Find it.
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
14. View yourself to be the person you desire to become
“I don’t think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.”
15. Chase your dreams and drench yourself in the process for it is the best part
“I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.”
16. Set your own expectations and worry about achieving solely the ones you set for yourself, not what someone else expects of you.
“I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.”
17. Strive for something greater than what you see around you
“I remember a specific moment, watching my grandmother hang the clothes on the line, and her saying to me, ‘you are going to have to learn to do this,’ and me being in that space of awareness and knowing that my life would not be the same as my grandmother’s life.”
18. Let your spirit move mountains
“If you want to accomplish the goals of your life, you have to begin with the spirit.”
19. They may ridicule you, they may hate you, but they cannot deny your greatness. So be great.
“I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. And that’s how I operate my life.”
20. See it before it appears
“I always knew I was destined for greatness.”