You hear it all the time, do this and you will change your life. But the reality of the situation is change is hard. It’s a lengthy process. You cannot just wake up one day and be a new you. In order to change, you first have to put habits in place which leads to growth which in return puts you in a better place.
Therefore, you need to realize, the first step in change is to change the way you think, change the way you see the world.
When you change the way you think, you change your actions which in return will change your life in due time.
It’s all about your mind. Change your thoughts and you’ll change your life.
So with that stated, below are seven quotes that might just bring about a change when it comes to how you perceive the days of your life.
1. Your journey has molded you for the greater good. It was exactly what it needed to be. Don’t think you’ve lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is the right time.
So many of us are always in a rush, we’re always running, chasing something. It’s true, our time is limited, however, by rushing through the events of your day, you fail to cherish them. In a blink of an eye, your life can take a turn for the worst. You never know, so realize what you have and appreciate it.
Furthermore, stop living in the past. Don’t wish for any extra time because you will not get any. The only thing you can do is use the time you have today. Everything you went through yesterday, made you into the person you are today.
It was all necessary. From the failures to the heartbreaks, it made you, YOU.
2. Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary.
Either you’ll live an ordinary life or an extraordinary life. We all have the potential to be extraordinary, but the problem is we have let society convince us that we are not good enough, we are just regular. This is utter BS.
You are extraordinary. You have it within you, so stop settling for mediocrity and strive for something more…something greater, something that makes you feel alive and your heart race.
3. You’re right. It is easier to eat pizza than to run on the treadmill. It’s easier to turn to ice cream rather than people for supporters. It’s easier to say, “Fuck it, I give up” than to say, “Fuck this, I can do it.” So you know what? I’m not going to sit here and tell you day after day you can do this, if you don’t believe you can, if you don’t believe you can, you can’t. That’s the honest truth. You need to do this for you. And if you don’t want it enough, you sure as hell won’t achieve it. So take the easy way out and remain unhealthy and continue to gain weight because you can’t realize you are the only one hurting yourself. I didn’t say it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
It’s all about mind over matter. You can either put your nose to the grindstone or you can make excuses. The path you take determines the quality of your tomorrow.
4. If you do not go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you do not ask, the answer will always be no. If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.
You have to have guts. You’ll never go somewhere worth going, if you don’t have the balls to begin. You have to be able to tolerate uncertainty. You cannot plan everything. Let go and live. Take chances and be bold. This is the beauty of life, it’s not about how far you go, it’s about how much distance you create between where you stand today and where you stood yesterday.
5. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don’t. And believe that everything happens for a reason…if you get a chance – take it; if it changes your life – let it. Nobody said that it would be easy…they just promised it would be worth it.
Breathe…and let go.
Life is quite simple; we just tend to complicate matters.
6. Never let your fear, decide your fate.
So many of us perceive reality through the eyes of a fearful person. As a result, we don’t dare to dream, we don’t dare to pursue, which in return means we don’t dare to become the best we can be.
You need to see life as a game. A game you can take anywhere. You can push it to the limits and I encourage you to do so.
As a result, forget the fear and always take the chance. The outcome may not be the way you expected it to go, but it’s far better than living a life filled with regrets.
7. For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
Each new day brings forth an opportunity, an opportunity to say, FUCK IT, I’m going to take a step out of my comfort zone and I’m going to do what I want to do. I’m going to be who I want to be. You can either love me for who I am or you can hate me for who I am, regardless your opinion does not make me or break me. I’m put here to do great things and I’m going to rise above all the clutter and I’m going to become extraordinary. I may fall, but i’ll get right back up. It may get hard, but I know it has to get hard before it gets easy so i’ll continue the fight, i’ll continue to march, when they give up, i’ll still be running. To put it bluntly, i’ll be the last one they write off.
Change starts with the person in the mirror, each new day is a new opportunity to create a change, the only question that remains is…
Will you use this opportunity to create a change or will you let life pass you by?